[Freeswitch-users] Routing 911 calls

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Jun 8 12:03:55 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Tim B <timb0311 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  If I have 1 inbound DID and "client software" that calls this DID from
> multiple locations (states, city, etc), how would I go about placing and
> routing a 911 / emergency calls?  Keep in mind each client does have their
> own existing phone line (DID) with 911/e911 attached to that DID.
>
> Could I route by setting outbound caller id and number to the incoming, and
> then place the outbound 911 call?

You can try it, and then make a test 911 call and tell the operator that you
are testing a new phone system install. The 911 op can then verify the
information he/she sees on the screen with where you are. If you're in New
York when you call but the 911 op sees "Jerkwater, Alabama" then you know it
doesn't work...

-MC