[Freeswitch-users] GnuGK vs FreeSWITCH

Marcus Frenkel marcus.frenkel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 11:14:15 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using GnuGK H323 gatekeeper. It has good performance and many
features, but doesn't supports SIP. I see many Asterisk vs FreeSwitch
comparisons, but how about GnuGK vs FreeSwitch?

The setup for which I'm asking is in a range of 200 concurrent calls.

The points that I'm really interested for comparison are:
1) Proxy of RTP feature and it's stability
2) NAT support
3) Direct SQL AAA support (without the need of using RADIUS server)
4) Performance as an endpoint registrar
5) Rerouting to a second carrier on failed call

Also, is the H323 library of FreeSWITCH based on h323plus/openh323?

Marcus