[Freeswitch-users] Considering jumping ship from Asterisk

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed Jun 3 21:42:48 PDT 2009

I have been lurking for a while here looking for an alternative to asterisk
that will still work with my tdm card. Although my sip providers are written
out in my hosts file and I have a caching dns server, when our internet connection
dies, slowly the internal sip phones loose reg and the "redundant" dahdi line
we have for this very scenario doesn't help as asterisk gets its sh#t in a knot
and tanks?

How does freeswitch handle this scenario? Is it prone to this kind of failure
as well?

Thanks for any advice!
jlc