[Freeswitch-users] Make current fails (build 13537)

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Jun 2 16:38:21 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Anthony Minessale <
anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:

> You have a good point.
>
> On the other hand, it's just another random day in SVN trunk. =D
> Most projects don't offer SVN trunk you can play spin-the-bottle with and
> land on something production-ready.  But we are pretty close most of the
> time.
>
> Here's my point of view:
> That particular addition was a component to the core meant to be
> transparent.
> If we did not find out the hard-way about this by adding it to trunk,
> we would have found out the even-harder-way by having it imprinted in the
> actual release.
>
> We try to keep the suffering to a minimum but we sometimes fall short.

This is also why we need as many people as possible updating FS as often as
possible. The greater the number of environments we have running FreeSWITCH,
the less likely it is that stuff like this will sneak through and the more
likely it will be caught and fixed quickly.

-MC