[Freeswitch-users] pocketsphinx

Helmut Kuper helmut.kuper at ewetel.de
Fri Jul 31 06:18:43 PDT 2009

Hello,

I spent a few days working on my problem. I played around with
voxforge's data, read some of the train docs of CMU, and debugged the
sphinxbase, pocketsphinx and mod_pocketsphinx.

Results:
- -I found a way to use the voxforge data as training data for creation of
a german language corpus.

- -I enabled the logging of pocketsphinx to stderr (Dirty, but easy way to
see what went wrong when FS loads grammar, mdef, etc and simply stopped.
Very helpful!

- -I had to add a "dictcase" parameter to pocketsphinx.conf.xml resp
mod_pocketsphinx.c to allow case sensitive dictionaries (like the german
dictionary from voxforge).

FS starts up with german language model and detects the words as
expected. But it's not so reliable as I want to ... I guess this is
caused by the very small amount of training audio data. I used 4000 of
19000 audio files provided by voxforge due to the reason that voyforge's
training fileid-list contains only 4000 files ...  I have to create new
fileid-list and transcription-lists containing all audio I have
downloaded from voxforge.

Quite complex the whole thing ...

regards
helmut