[Freeswitch-users] multiple commands in execute_on_answer

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Jul 29 09:11:20 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:59 AM, Apostolos Pantsiopoulos
<regs at kinetix.gr>wrote:

> Yes, I could do that but the logic of the python script is
> not dialplan oriented and I hate mixing different things. I just
> found a workaround though. I am executing the python script on the
> b leg and the sched_hangup on the a leg (with the help of nolocal:)
> Thanx for the help anyway.

You can also do something like this:
<action application="set" data="execute_on_answer=execute_extension
HANDLE_ANSWER"/>

And then define your answer handler extension:
<extension name="Handle Answered Calls">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^HANDLE_ANSWER$"/>
    <action application="python" data="/path/to/my/python/script.py"/>
    <action application="sched_hangup" data="+300 TIMED_OUT"/>
    <action application="log" data="INFO You can do all sorts of stuff"/>
    <!-- If this extension was called with 'execute_extension' then it will
  </condition>
</extension>

Just a thought...
-MC