[Freeswitch-users] SIP trunk (PBX - FreeSwitch) routing problem.

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Jul 29 09:01:15 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 1:05 AM, julien <jgonzalez at sqli.com> wrote:

> According to http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Sofia.conf.xml, if the
> remote end say 404, it can be reached. So i guess the problem is that
> the remote number 300 can't be found on the otherside? Or could it be
> that the PBX is reachable but there's a problem of communication between
> FS and the PBX?

A 404 in SIP is just like a 404 when web surfing: the target server can't
find whatever it is that you're looking for. In other words, your FS server
made contact with the server at the far end, told it what endpoint you're
looking for, and the server there said, "I can't find this endpoint, sorry."
You'll need to see what's happening at the far end, like whether there
really is a 300 or not.
-MC