[Freeswitch-users] FS beats Aculab Prosody S on subjective test on lay users for conference quality

Fernando Testa testa at voicetechnology.com.br
Wed Jul 29 07:53:17 PDT 2009

Hello freeswitchers!
I thought you're be pleased to know: FS beated Prosody S on subjective test
on lay users.
After 3 users testing the two conferences and reporting far better quality
on FS, we decided to make a more rigorous test.
Then we made a blind test by asking 4 lay users to dial two urls for 10
minutes from their x-lite and report the results. These users are non-techie
and never heard about FS at all.
The first url was Aculab Prosody S test app, then, a second call to FS on
default conf (extension 3000).
All users preferred FS. Some users were almost enthusiastic after entering
FS conf. Some even started to blame ProsodyS after hearing FS. The average
report told 50% more satisfaction on FS. Questions on report were simple
ones, with results from 1(worse) to 5(best) :
1-Overall opinion(1-crap; 5-awesome);
2-Delay (1-more delay, 5-no delay at all);
3-Audio quality (1-noisy, choppy, etc; 5-cristal clear);

Machines used:
Prosody S: Windows Vista Business, Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.8 GHz, 4Gb de
RAM
FreeSwitch: CentOS 5.4, Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz, 1Gb RAM

Congratulations! You made a great product!
--
Fernando Gregianin Testa
Voice Technology Ltda