[Freeswitch-users] DTMF confusion

Jesse Peterson jesse.peterson at exbiblio.com
Tue Jul 28 12:09:49 PDT 2009

Hello,

If I wanted a bridged call to a gateway to use inband DTMF for
incoming recognition and outgoing generation I'm unclear on what to do
because the wiki clearly states[1] not to use the "start_dtmf" and
"start_dtmf_generate" together for cause of loops.

Wouldn't it be technically possible to generate DTMF only on the
outbound leg and recognize DTMF only on the inbound leg without
interference?

I assume I'm not understanding something correctly here - could
somebody elaborate? The end goal for me is to detect the absense of
"telephone-event" rtpmap and enable inband DTMF from a gateway.

Thanks!
- Jesse

[1] http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_start_dtmf