[Freeswitch-users] Connecting FreeSWITCH with Asterisk

velusamy velu velu.technical at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 23:10:00 PDT 2009

Dear All,

I have tried to connect the FreeSWITCH with Asterisk

I have followed steps which is provided in the following link,
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Connecting_Freeswitch_And_Asterisk

I have tried to call "2000" from FreeSWITCH, but I have received the
following message in Asterisk console

"NOTICE[6346]: chan_sip.c:10543 handle_request_invite: Failed to
authenticate user "Velusamy"
<sip:Velusamy at 192.168.6.94<sip%3AVelusamy at 192.168.6.94>
>;tag=69Q648H9NjrSK"

I have read "Using Authentication" topic in the link, But I did understand
that topic..
They have mentioned "HOSTNAME.DOMAIN.COM"  in that topic. Which hostname I
have to specify here?

Please help me....

Regards,
Velusamy.K