[Freeswitch-users] Confusing handling of incoming calls

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Wed Jul 22 02:12:30 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Pete Mueller <pete at privateconnect.com>wrote:

> My goal is:
> 0) figure out why the bandwidth gateway is being processed as "internal"
> (this is more of a security thing)

they are probably terminating traffic on port 5060 rather than 5080.  5060
is internal, 5080 is external.

> 1) have both gateways enter at the same point in the dialplan (this seems
> to be the purpose of the "Extension" param)

I'd drop the extension param and instead match on the destination_number
(the DID used to reach you).

> 2) be able to identify which gateway the call came in on. I was hoping to
> set a param in the gateway configuration that would be passed through onto
> the channel, but have not found one.  Worst case, I could have each gateway
> enter at a different extension in the dialplan, however, that doesn't seem
> to be working if the channel comes in the "internal" profile.

Not sure here...  gateways are an outbound thing.  Inbound calls just hit
your dialplan and you process from there.  A sledgehammer approach would be
to have a different sip_profile for each gateway.  But that is just silly.
Flowroute at least puts their name in the sdp....

--
-Rupa