[Freeswitch-users] Question on auth-calls

Andy Spitzer woof at iwoof.org
Fri Jul 10 08:56:16 PDT 2009

Woof!

It is my understanding, that if I set
   <param name="auth-calls" value="false"/>
in a SIP profile, it shouldn't challenge for authentication under any circumstances.

However, if an INVITE contains a a Proxy-Authorization header from another proxy, Sofia DOES challenge with a 407.

I'm aware one can set accept-blind-auth to work around this, but I'm wondering if my understanding of auth-calls is wrong, or the behavior I'm seeing is wrong.

--Woof!