[Freeswitch-users] Contemplating a jump from Asterisk to Freeswitch

Michael S Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Sun Jul 5 22:43:55 PDT 2009

A few questions for you if I may:
FreeSWITCH doesn't yet have a GUI -are you okay with XML config files?

Do you have TDM circuits for your outbound traffic or are you using a
SIP provider?

BTW, mod_vmd is used to detect an answering machine beep, but it does
not detect human vs. machine. For that you'll need mod_amd which isn't
free but is available at a reasonable price. (email consulting at FreeSWITCH.org
)

FYI, detecting SIT tones is always a challenge if you telco forces you
to listen inband. You'll need a little processing power and the
tone_detect app. I've done it on a PRI and cheap Tormenta 2 clone and
it actually works pretty well.

-MC

Sent from my iPhone