[Freeswitch-users] Cheapest, most compact FreeSwitch appliance?

Fred-145 codecomplete at free.fr
Sun Jul 5 18:22:26 PDT 2009

EdPimentl wrote:
> Back in April I posted these links on the list, in regards to a similar
> question

Thanks Ed, but the problem with all those, is:
- they typically have so little RAM/Flash RAM that they can't run a regular
Linux distro, which means that we're stuck with whatever software is
available with the customized distro for the appliance
- they don't have room for a PCI card, which means that we have to have an
external VoIP gateway to connect the appliance to the POTS
- they're as expensive or more expensive than a regular PC

At this point, there doesn't seem to be any appliance that can run
FreeSwitch and handle a POTS line  in a compact, sub-$200 price-range.