[Freeswitch-users] More troubles with SQLAlchemy and mod_python

Brian Deacon bdeacon at highergear.com
Thu Jan 29 17:22:37 PST 2009

My apologies that this is starting to turn into "teach the n00b how to
compile stuff".  (Not that that's keeping me from asking for help...)

So I downloaded the 2.5.4 source tarball from python.org and
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-threads CFLAGSFORSHARED="-fPIC"
make
make install

I have a /usr/lib/python2.5 that looks kosher.  I think I may have had
to alter some of the hardlinks in /usr/bin because /usr/bin/python2.4 is
still there.  (So is /usr/lib/python2.4)

I have trunk code from freeswitch.  ./configure acts happy, but the
mod_python Makefile looks ganked:

LOCAL_CFLAGS = -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/python2.5
-fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
LOCAL_LDFLAGS= -lpthread -ldl -lutil -lm -lpython2.5
LOCAL_OBJS=freeswitch_python.o mod_python_wrap.o
include ../../../../build/modmake.rules

LINK=$(CXXLINK)

PYMOD=freeswitch
PYTHON_SITE_DIR=/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages

That PYTHON_SITE_DIR is wrong, but the deal-breaker I get right now is
that the -lpython2.5 for LDFLAGS is making it mad.  I get an ld error
"cannot find -lpython2.5" And a libpython2.5.so is conspicuously absent
from my machine.

This smells a little bit like I'm not compiling python correctly, for
which I would not blame you as putting under the category of "not your
problem" but I'll TRIPLE what I'm paying you if you can help lead me out
of these woods.  :)

Brian