[Freeswitch-users] record session in fifo

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 15:35:52 PST 2009

you could make the loopback channel execute the eval app and do the
originate to the sofia channel from the dialplan.

<action application="eval" data="${originate(sofia/foo/a at b.com xyz)}"/>

or make the loopback chan exec a lua or js and fire an originate command and
exit

This way you don't have the loopback a and b leg as well as the sofia chan.

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Tamas Cseke <cstomi.levlist at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for the response.
>
> yes originating sofia channel directly could be an option. the only reason
> we use loopback is that
> our routing is in the dialplan (different proxies according to time and
> prefix matching). and the entity originating the call doesn't have to deal
> with them. so these are handled the same way as a "normal" manual call.
> otherwise I guess we have to duplicate this logic. so we didn't find elegant
> solution for this neither thus I asked maybe there is.
>
> Regards,
> Tamas
>

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 5:44 PM, Anthony Minessale <
> anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I don't think there is a very elegant way to do this and even if I find
>> one i can live with it would be at least 2k worth of work to add it.
>>
>> Why do you need the loopback channel at all?  Can't you just originate the
>> sofia channel directly instead of bridging it to loopback and adding 2 more
>> channels per call?
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Tamas Cseke <cstomi.levlist at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm sorry for still bothering you with this issue.
>>> but thanks to somewhat missunderstanding/misleading by us, it shows up
>>> that our customers need this feature for the complicated
>>> predictive calls too.
>>>
>>> There is an idea, could you let me know if it is achiveable. and if it's
>>> how?
>>> So we record sofia channel, but the media pause/resume is happening on
>>> loopback channel.
>>> the idea is to have a switch_set_flag_recursive function, which set the
>>> flag not only to the current channel, but to all connected channels.
>>> we need to push CS_PAUSE_MEDIA flag to the sofia channel.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Tamas
>>>
>>> Here is the callflow again:
>>> 1, originate a loopback channel via event socket
>>> 2, loopback-b channel is hunting the dialplan, wich decide routing,
>>> caller_id, the need for recordings and so forth, and bridge a sofia call
>>> 3. the record_session is running on the sofia channel with
>>> bridge_pre_execute magic vars
>>> 4 loopback-a channel is pushed into the fifo
>>> 5 a script get the fifo::info via event socket