[Freeswitch-users] How to break a playback with loops

Daniel Liang Daniell at airg.com
Thu Jan 29 11:05:35 PST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to playing back a wav file a few times, and on receiving a
dtmf event, it stops playing the file. The command I sent is:

sendmsg
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: playback
execute-app-arg: <the wav file>
loops: 4

On receiving a dtmf event, I send a break command:

sendmsg
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: break

However, that only breaks one loop of the playback. And I have to press
a dtmf for 4 times to stop the file.

I tried sending 4 break commands all at once. But it didn't work. And
even worse, my program stops receiving dtmfs anymore. My guess is that
the first break stops the first loop, but before the second loop starts,
the following 3 breaks stop something else that I don't know what they
are.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Daniel Liang