[Freeswitch-users] More troubles with SQLAlchemy and mod_python

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 12:49:53 PST 2009

We used to build python 2.5.1 and install it into the freeswitch prefix

we did ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freeswitch
--enable-threads CFLAGSFORSHARED="-fPIC"

But the makefile no longer will find that one so.......

you could move your python out of the way on your box and try installing
this as your system python instead.

./configure --prefix=/your/real/python/prefix
--enable-threads CFLAGSFORSHARED="-fPIC"

if you are really brave you could delete the Makefile in mod_python and put
back the old one
that builds and installs custom python for you into the FS prefix

http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/browse/~raw,r=6393/FreeSWITCH/src/mod/languages/mod_python/Makefile

the important thing is the --enable-threads and CFLAGSFORSHARED="-fPIC" on
whatever one you use.

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Brian Deacon <bdeacon at highergear.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 07:59 -0600, Anthony Minessale wrote:
> > There is a big chance some of your problems can come from your system
> > copy of python.
> > This is one of the reasons we were against using system libs because
> > you need python built a certain way to
> > work right with embedded code.
> >
> > If you really want to get to the bottom of it you may want to explore
> > installing a non standard copy of python the way
> > we used to do and compare results.
>
> I'm in the middle of trying an upgrade to python 2.5 to see if that
> makes a difference.  But trying a "non-standard" build would be worth
> exploring.  Can you point me in the right direction?
>
> Brian

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/