[Freeswitch-users] DTMF with Early Media Disabled

Klaus Teller klaus.teller at gmx.net
Wed Jan 28 05:55:25 PST 2009

I know it works perfectly when pre_answer is called. That is, when early media is activated. I was just trying to figure out what is the expected behavior when pre_answer is not called.

I want to get DTMF from users without having them billed by their carriers. I've heard that some carriers start billing as soon as early media is on. That's why i was wondering if DTMF (inband or out of band) can be received without answering or pre_answering.

Thanks,
Klaus.
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 23:15:02 -0600
> Von: Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org>
> An: freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org
> Betreff: Re: [Freeswitch-users] DTMF with Early Media Disabled

> If the dtmf is in the media stream ie 2833 and you can't establish
> media then no you wouldn't.   Have you tried to do a pre_answer
> instead of an answer to establish early media?
>
> /b
>
> On Jan 27, 2009, at 11:04 PM, Klaus Teller wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My settings does not allow me to test the following right now. So
> > I'm wondering if somebody knowledgeable could help me answer the
> > following question.
> >
> > I do know that if i call Freeswitch, i can use Javascript to read
> > DTMF even without answering the call. My question is can i do this
> > even if early media is disabled on the inbound call?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Klaus.
> > --

NUR NOCH BIS 31.01.! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 EURO/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a