[Freeswitch-users] mod_g729

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Jan 26 20:10:58 PST 2009

Hi João,

João Mesquita wrote:
> Steve,
>
> 	As we speak I am actually negotiating with one of those companies to
> make a mod for their cards. Khomp has a very nice product and they are
> exporting to the rest of latin america now.

It surprises me someone doesn't assemble Tormenta 2 cards in Brazil.
Various people have done this in China, and shipped a lot of cards. They
have to be a lot cheaper than the Khomp and Digivoice boards. The key
issue with the Tormenta 2 is the lack of on board echo cancellation.
Although OSLEC performs well, 120 channels of EC is a lot to do on the
host CPU. Still, a lot of cards ship without on board EC.

Regards,
Steve