[Freeswitch-users] PortAudio not closing audio device properly after hangup?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun Jan 25 02:02:44 PST 2009

Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> Thats really odd since we never close the audio device anymore.

Maybe we're misunderstanding each other here. Not closing the audio device
anymore is the bug, because trying to access that device with another audio
program (e.g., a sound file player outside FreeSWITCH) fails, even after all
FreeSWITCH calls have hung up, because FreeSWITCH is still holding the audio
device open.

Would it be possible to have a configuration parameter that says, in effect,
close the audio device when it isn't being used?