[Freeswitch-users] mod_radius_cdr questions and thoughts

Apostolos Pantsiopoulos regs at kinetix.gr
Thu Jan 22 06:52:16 PST 2009

I am trying to implement a radius based solution
using FS. I have seen that the mod_radius_cdr module
is actively maintained. so I have a few questions/remarks :

1) When I place a call and my radius server is down, the
call blocks forever instead of just radius_timeout * radius_retries
seconds (I have declared only one server). I would expect that
FS would stop trying to send an Acc Start packet after some
time and get on with the call.

2) I have also noticed that FS sends only 1 packet (I waited for a minute)
instead of 3 (default in the config) since the first (and second)
attempt failed.
If my server was up (the port was responding) but it returned a req. failed
answer would the above time-out be valid?

3) When I tried to load the dictionary.freeswitch to my freeradius
server, it complained :

"Errors reading dictionary: dict_init:
/usr/local/etc/raddb/dictionary.freeswitch[33]: dict_addattr: Duplicate
attribute name NAS-Port-Id"

How can I overcome this?

When I "instructed" my freeradius to only load the freesitch dictionary
I got this :

"Errors reading dictionary: dict_init:
/usr/local/etc/raddb/dictionary.freeswitch[257]: unknown option
"Freeswitch""

How can I use the dictionary with the freeradius? (or other radius servers?)

4) The radius attributes included in the current requests are
a) hard-coded, b) limited in number. I think many of us would like to
use more attributes. Or even better define what to include (and what to
put in them) using a
config file (the same maybe?)

5) Does the module send accounting packets only for the a-leg
of a call or for both legs? (Maybe that could be configurable too).

If anyone is interested in the above questions/remarks please post
a reply. I would really like to know how many of the mailing list users
are also interested in FS radius support and your opinions on the matter.

Regards,

Apostolos Pantsiopoulos
Kinetix Tele.com R & D
email: regs at kinetix.gr