[Freeswitch-users] Bridge destination returned from a python script?

Brian Deacon bdeacon at highergear.com
Tue Jan 20 17:28:16 PST 2009

Thanks for the quick turnaround, Michael,

I'll check out mod_easyroute right away.  As to your other
need-for-clarification:

> My other scenario is similar, but we need to externally signal the FS
> > server to place a call to phone + extension, confirm it was connected,
> > and then bridge it to a DID.  Is XmlRpc the best (only?) way to poke FS
> > into doing something?
>
> When you say "externally signal" do you mean you have a 3rd party
> application (or something) that needs to talk to FS? Could you detail
> the scenario a bit more? I'm positive FS can do what you want but with
> more detail we can help you find the best way to do it.
> -MC

So we'll have a browser-based app making REST calls to our java-based
web server (tomcat).  The tomcat server makes a few decisions about what
to do and then chooses among several actions which involve triggering
some activity from the FS server on another physical machine (which will
be behind the same firewall if that matters).

For instance, a user would click a link on a webpage that would cause
freeswitch to call the phone at their desk, have them press # or
something to indicate they are a human and not an IVR, then dial another
number to bridge that user to.

I'm including my original question below in case you need to refer to
it.

Thanks again,
Brian