[Freeswitch-users] Interesting Problem with SPA 3000

Scott Ellis scott.ellis at novatex.com.au
Mon Jan 19 10:27:07 PST 2009

I have an interesting problem with a set up using two (or more) SPA 3000's.

I make a call out on the unit to a PSTN line - great.

I then try and make another call out on that line - it fails and moves
on to the next one in the bridge call statement. It then goes through on
the second unit.

Almost always 1:30 later, I get an inbound call from the PSTN showing up
in FreeSwitch, which goes to an extension - and when answered bridges
that extension onto the existing call.

Now I am sure that this behaviour from the SPA is a little odd, but does
anyone have any tips for dealing with it from the dialplan? Most obvious
being a way to not call the first unit when it already is active...

I do not have it defined as a gateway - just using
sofia/internal/$1 at 10.0.0.18:5061 so make a call.

Scott