[Freeswitch-users] Outbound call - choose profile

Apostolos Pantsiopoulos regs at kinetix.gr
Fri Jan 16 06:53:47 PST 2009

Raymond Chandler wrote:
> Apostolos Pantsiopoulos wrote:
>> When I am using the following method to place a call from the dialplan :
>>
>> sofia/gateway/<gateway>/<number_to_dial>
>>
>> how do I tell FS which profile to use (as in the
>> sofia/<profile>/<extension> method?)
>>
>> I am asking that because all my calls to my declared <gateways> use
>> the 5080 port,
>> and I want them to use the 5060 port. Is there a way to configure a
>> <gateway> to use
>> a specific profile when making outbound calls?
>>

> the gateway should always use the profile from which it was included.
> so, for instance, if you include gw1 from internal.xml, then gw1
> should always use the internal profile
>
> -Ray

I am using the directory to define my gateways. Specifically, because
this certain gateway
is related to a specific user I am including this gateway in the user's
xml file (in the dieractory).
Then I use :

<domain name="$${domain}" parse="true"/>

in my internal profile to let FS "parse" the gateways that I have
declared in the directory.

So one would expect that the gateways declared in the user's file would
belong to the internal
profile. Yet, when I am using the sofia/gateway/<gw_name>/<number>
notation to send a call
through this gateway the SIP packets get send from the 5080 port (which
is my external profile's port)

Apostolos Pantsiopoulos
Kinetix Tele.com R & D
email: regs at kinetix.gr