[Freeswitch-users] VMWare voice quality

Remko Kloosterman R.Kloosterman at mtel.nl
Thu Jan 15 09:01:17 PST 2009

Hello Ken, hello all,

I just read about the FreeSWITCH VMware applicance. I'm curious about
your experiences with the audio quality on VMWare, so here's a new
thread.

I've installed freeswitch on VMware Server for Windows. The IVR audio
always plays choppy, while the server itself has no performance issues.
The same poor voice quality also goes for Asterisk or Yate, even on a
very fast VMware ESX system.

Did you experience the same and/or do you have pointers on how to
troubleshoot and fix this?

Thanks,
Remko