[Freeswitch-users] OpenZAP parse error [-3012] [Q931E_INVALID_CRV]

Helmut Kuper helmut.kuper at ewetel.de
Thu Jan 15 04:30:43 PST 2009

Hi Peter,

it was simply a change in our TDM Voice Switch. It used a different
numbering plan and we changed it to "national" to get it work with FS
and openzap in Q921/Q931 mode.

What I still search is a way to configure the numberplan in FS.

To make it clear: In my case it didn't work from the second FS starts
up. So this differs from your problem.

To get an idea what's going on on the TDM link I used a TDM D-Channel
monitoring device and traced the d-channel messages exchanged between FS
and TDM. That should make it easier to see what's wrong when the
problems occur.
But you can also increase FS debug level to debug and  trace the Q921
and Q931 messages in FS console via fs_cli during runtime. You have to
set this in openzap.conf.xml:

       <param name="q921loglevel" value="debug"/>
       <param name="q931loglevel" value="debug"/>

Unfortunately FS doesn't decode the whole Q931 messages, but it shows a
hex representation of the message, so you can manually decode it with
this documents:

Q.931: http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-Q.931-199805-I/en
Q.921: http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-Q.921-199709-I/en

I think for numberingplan issues you only have to track the Q.931 messages.

The last idea I have to get some light into your problem and to avoid
manually decoding, try to convert FS's q931 hexdump into wiresharks pcap
format. Wireshark should be able to decode it :)
http://wiki.wireshark.org/Q.931

Maybe it's a good idea to implement a wireshark export for those
messages in FS. This will make debugging easy and cheap.

Hope it helps a bit.

regards
helmut