[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH, MRCP and Perl

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 15:22:31 PST 2009

You should be careful who you ask and who's opinion you weigh against.
Just because you go ask some other guy something does not make it gospel.

These are the basic facts:

ASR/TTS is one of the many areas where we have done a huge amount of pro
bono work to get people interested but there is only so much we can do as
demo's and examples.  We chose to add pocketsphinx because it's free and
gives people a way to test.  We don't have any monitary support from any of
the commerical ASR/TTS providers nor do we have any support from any users
who intend to improve the ASR/TTS support.  Therefore given the endless
hours we spend working on FS we have to decide what to work on and what to
put aside.

We are currently looking at trying get unimrcp working but again, nobody is
willing to pay so the timeline is extended to our spare time.  We want to
support every ASR/TTS interface we can because it helps to expand our
flexablilty but it simply will take a while.

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:09 PM, <mszlazak at aol.com> wrote:

> That's not the opinion of Nickolay S. from the Sphinx forums. He didn't
> think it was telephony ready but you implied something similar in a past
> email. Also, I got a similar impression with the pizza demo as it came with
> FS. Instead I tried Voxeo's Prophecy as per your recommendation and found it
> worked better. As I understand it, pocketsphinx and sphinx (3 & 4) are very
> good but need adapting and training for there various uses.
>  So, why bother with LumenVox, Voxeo, Nuance, etc if one could get
> pocketsphinx working better since it's already integrated with FS?

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm