[Freeswitch-users] vmd /garbled messages

Adam Wilt wiltingtree at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 19:20:13 PST 2009

Hi, I have two issues I'd appreciate some help with.

A) I'm testing VMD and I'm getting a success rate of well under 50%. I know
part of the reason is that some of the voicemail beeps it's encountering are
very short in length (I've noticed this for T-Mobile and Sprint voicemails,
and there may be others too), and it can't detect them.  So my question is
about the notes in the vmd section of the wiki which states, "The industry
standard is 80% detection. This module if used properly should exceeds the
standard by a very wide margin".  I'm curious about whether I'm using it
properly, and what I can do to make it work better.  Thanks for the help.

B) When I place an outbound call and immediately play a prompt when the call
is answered, the prompt sounds garbled to the person answering the phone. If
I sleep for a second before playing the prompt, it sounds fine.  Any idea of
what would cause this?

Thanks,
Adam