[Freeswitch-users] polycom one-way audio problem

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Wed Jan 7 21:02:54 PST 2009

Matthew Kaufman wrote:
> I have upgraded to the latest boot roms and SIP firmware, 3.1.1.0137. I
> get the same one-way audio between the polycom and x-lite, and now on a
> polycom-polycom call I get no audio in *either* direction. (Not much of
> an improvement, but different)

For those following on the list, a successful workaround is to set
"inbound-proxy-media" to true. Why that should be necessary, and why it
behaves the way it does when that is set to false (the strangest part
being that calls that go directly to VM have good audio, but calls that
ring the far end for a time and then go to VM have no audio *even* when
they've gone over to VM), I still don't understand.

Matthew Kaufman