[Freeswitch-users] sofia deflect issue

jonathan augenstine jaugenstine at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 20:43:26 PST 2009

I have a lua script that plays a prompt and then collects digits from an
inbound call.  After making a database query the call is either dropped or
transferred to another server.  The way I transfer the call is via the
'deflect' command.  I execute that command as follows:

session:execute("deflect", "user at target_server");

When I do a tcpdump, everything seems to progress as expected.  I see the
correct SIP messages exchanged, but after the last 200 OK is transferred
Freeswitch starts sending BYE messages to the client and the client hangs up
with an "Abnormal call termination".  According to RFC 3515 there are no BYE
messages in the protocol exchange.  I have set auto hangup to false.  Any
ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Jonathan