[Freeswitch-users] DTMF and firewall

Andy Ayers andy at fabulous4.co.uk
Mon Jan 5 09:55:39 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm using freeswitch to receive incoming calls from a sip provider namely
AQL. When my freeswitch box is connected directly to the internet everything
works fine. When I place a firewall/router inbetween the box and the
internet, the software registers with the sip provider ok and answers calls
but fails to respond to in call dtmf tones. AQL advised me to make sure I
was using RFC2833 which I believe I have done by setting dtmf-type in my sip
profile xml to 'RFC2833'.

Can anyone advise me as to what other settings I should change to make the
dtmf work correctly across the firewall/router? The router is currently set
to allow all traffic.

Many thanks for any help you can give.
regards
Andy