[Freeswitch-users] Idea/Suggestion required

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 06:11:23 PST 2009

if you make a dialplan that plays a file but does not answer then it will
happen in the early media stage.
DTMF working during the call is dependent on the other side.  We certainly
support it but some carriers purposely do not allow DTMF during progress
since running an ivr in progress stage means you are not paying them any
money for the calls.

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 7:27 AM, shehzad p <pmhshz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> Is there a way in freeswitch, such that we can play sound and receive a
> DTMF
> from the end user without actually answering a call like in session
> progress
> stage.
> Basically, the system should accept the call and play a progress tone
> during
> call progress (SIP 183). The system should be able to collect DTMF input.
> All this should happen while in SIP 183 (Progress) and the call shouldn't
> change its state to CONNECT, which means, no 200 OK should be issued to the
> use via the system. This is more like a IVR based system, however it all
> happens during call progress and not after connect.
> Can anyone suggest any idea about this situation?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/