[Freeswitch-users] How do I set my FS internal ip address to a "static" value.

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun Jan 4 22:17:35 PST 2009

mszlazak at aol.com <mszlazak at aol.com> wrote:

> I tried changing $${local_ip_v4} to a static IP in the vars.xml and internal
> and external sip_profiles files. This didn't work.

Make sure that one of your network interfaces - the one that you want
FreeSWITCH to use - is assigned that address first, otherwise there will be
nothing for FreeSWITCH to bind to when it starts.

I don't know much about Windows, so if you're running FreeSWITCH on Windows,
I'm sure there will be others on the list who are in a position to help.

If you're using Linux, just make sure that the address you want is associated
with an interface, e.g., using ifconfig, then start FreeSWITCH with the
pre-processor variable $${local_ip_v4} set appropriately.