[Freeswitch-users] mod_erlang_event compile problem

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Mon Feb 23 09:13:41 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:09:28AM +0100, Leon de Rooij wrote:
> Everything is running on an Ubuntu Hardy Xen domu with kernel
> 2.6.24-23-xen.

Oh, this might explain some things..

> Erlang is version R12B5 and was compiled from source with options --
> enable-hipe, --enable-smp-support en --enable-threads.

I'm running this too.
> FS is trunk version 12197.

Fine too.

> I did copy the configuration file to ~freeswitch/conf/autoload_configs
>
> Also, I just checked the 'empd -names', after both FS and an erl shell
> have been started:
>
> root at erlyfs:~# epmd -names
> epmd: up and running on port 4369 with data:
> name ldr at port 57114
> name freeswitch at port 8031
>
> So that should be fine..

Yes, that's correct.

>   I also tried loading mod_erlang_event from modules.conf, and
> starting FS as root, but - not surprisingly - that didn't make any
> difference.
>
> I've been looking in wireshark, what exactly is going over the line,
> and the strange thing is, that erl opens a TCP connection, a SYN
> packet is sent to FS, after which FS immediately returns an RST/ACK
> packet and thus closes the connection.. I still don't see anything in
> the FS CLI.
>
> Is there anything I can do to get more verbose output from FS - esp
> info about why the connection was closed ?

It looks like ei_accept_tmo is the one resetting the connection, not my
code. I can't even get an error out of it when, for example, I telnet to
port 8031, it just closes the connection instantly with no error to the
console. Is it possible that something is screwy with the loopback
device in a xen guest? Can you get normal erlang nodes on that host to
net_adm:ping each other?

Andrew