[Freeswitch-users] FS SIP audio quality?

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at celliax.org
Tue Feb 17 02:19:30 PST 2009

There is also another side to make mimd to: the Asterisk sounds you
hear more often (the demo ones) are very long ones.

The ones of the FS demo are very very short (many times just one word)
and concatenated with the insertion of sleeps.

That is probably someway altering the equation between user experiences

Sincerely,

Giovanni Maruzzelli
www.celliax.org
via Pierlombardo 9, 20135 Milano
Italy
gmaruzz at celliax dot org
Cell : +39-347-2665618
Fax : +39-02-87390039

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Nik Middleton
<nik.middleton at noblesolutions.co.uk> wrote:
> For what it's worth, using Asterisk recordings, I found FS to be better
> than when played on an Asterisk system.
>
> I came to the same conclusion early on that the included prompts with FS
> were of a relatively poor nature.  Not volunteering to record new ones,
> but they do let the product down, as they lead to discussions as below.
>

> Regards,

>>> 2. Call from X-Lite or Linksys to a conference.
>>> 3. Call from X-Lite or Linksys to a PSTN number via Gafachi and