[Freeswitch-users] FS SIP audio quality?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sat Feb 14 19:18:53 PST 2009

Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> What is odd some people have reported the same issue with Asterisk.  I
> would like to get to the bottom of it but nobody can provide any more
> detail on what might be going on and I haven't experienced this issue
> with the 30 or so phones I have on my desk .... I highly recommend you

A data point that may or may not be helpful: if I set up PortAudio on
FreeSWITCH and call an Asterisk conference from there, the audio is
significantly louder than a comparable SIP call with another FreeSWITCH box at
the other end.

> try SVN trunk.  Let me know how that goes.  ;)

I'll recreate the above scenario with SVN trunk (I've just built rev. 12018),
and report if there is still a problem.

I sometimes get audio distortion in the above situation if anyone speaks too
loudly. I suspect clipping somewhere in the audio processing.