[Freeswitch-users] Switching from Asterisk to Freeswitch?

Fred codecomplete at free.fr
Thu Feb 12 06:11:40 PST 2009

Hello

I successfully used Asterisk to build a voice server for our SOHO
business. I did read the article comparing Asterisk to Freeswitch,
but I have a couple of questions:

1. What are the decisive reasons that would justify taking a look at
Freeswitch? What makes it a better option?

2. I'd like to build an affordable solution based on Asus' EeeBox and
(because it's too small to add a PCI card) Sangoma's USB device to
connect the host to POTS. Has someone successfully used Freeswitch to
work on this hardware?
www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=24&l2=165
http://wiki.sangoma.com/sangoma-wanpipe-usbfxo

Thank you for your feedback.