[Freeswitch-users] mod_openzap stops working after some calls Update

Helmut Kuper helmut.kuper at ewetel.de
Wed Feb 11 07:45:25 PST 2009

Hi Mike,

I removed the apr dependency for timestamp and use the function openzap
delivers. Works good so far.

For unstabilities in openzap and Q931: On my side main problem seems to
be, that channels for inbound traffic sometimes not be freed during
runtime. Maybe our remote TDM end (AVAYA) simply doesn't release calls
as it should, maybe openzap doesn't catch all q931 messages. I added a
hack, which forces channels which are in TERMINATE or beyond *AND* this
state is older than e.g. 500ms for inbound SETUP to DOWN. Openzap uses
those down forced channels. I have the patch in production and I saw the
first aid hack serveral times "InUse" channels freeing. "oz dump 1"
shows channel states which hung in TERMINATE or above are down serveral
minutes later :)

This is just a quite brutal hack because it assumes that the remote TDM
end is able to recover channels as well.

regards
helmut