[Freeswitch-users] mod_shout delay in trunk

Dan freeswitch-users at digitaldan.com
Fri Feb 6 10:59:12 PST 2009

Hi,

With the 1.0.2 release i was able to to stream a call using mod_shout to an icecast server with only a 1 or two second delay to clients. With the current trunk that delay is now 8 to 10 seconds. I thought it might have been a change to mod_shout.c. I tried tweaking a few outbound buffer sizes with no luck so I just copied the 1.0.2 version of mod_shout.c over, compiled and reinstalled the module, restarted fs and still the delay is 8 to 10 seconds. I'm a little stumped. I currently have both versions installed (trunk and 1.0.2) for testing. Both are streaming to the same icecast server.

My current svn revision is 11669, the calls are coming in via sip using g.711 ulaw and it looks like lame/mod_shout is streaming it as a 16kbs, 8khz mono mp3 stream. I'm using a flash/flex applet I wrote to consume the icecast stream, although I have used totem to listen to the stream as well.

Any thoughts