[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch freezes on increasing call traffic

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 07:18:18 PST 2009

I am providing you with free software and free support.
I am willing to investigate you problem for you but you must be more
cooperative.

I took the time to ask you several questions yesterday and you have sent 4
emails since and not addressed it.

Please move any further correspondence on this issue to your jira ticket.

If you do not have the necessary skill to build your own ODBC and driver as
the email requests,

will you please try CentOS 64 bit linux with only SVN Trunk which is a
platform we trust the unixODBC and its depends.

Please E-mail me privately your latest JS code.

Also please try to produce a minimal script that will reproduce your issue
that we can reproduce.

If you continue to ignore my requests I will have no choice but to close
your issue.

Transcript of ignored e-mail
All issues should be put into jira and managed with that.

Secondly, Didn't I ask you multiple times to stop using release snapshots
and please use the SVN
trunk?  I don't understand why you keep ignoring me and using everything but
what I asked.

I am not telling you to use SVN because I think it will be fixed it's so we
are on the development copy of the code
to get the proper line numbers etc.  If you look at your 2 bt you posted,
the line numbers are different on each one.

What are you using on the other side of ODBC?  as you can see in your bt,
the call goes into ODBC then into several
libs with no symbols and crashes on free. This can be a sign of corrupt
memory, running out of memory or an issue in either ODBC or the database
specific lib.

What distro is it?
What ODBC version?  unixODBC? version xxx?
What database driver version xxx? Is it mysl not using the proper reentrant
version of the plugin?
Sometimes packaged libs have bugs in them which fall out of our control.
Can you build unixODBC and the plugins yourself with debug symbols so we can
see if that is the cause or at the very least then we can see the debug info
in the bt.

please make sure you address *all* my questions in your jira report.
Starting with using svn trunk, *hint* type "make current" from your rc1
distro.

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 2:30 AM, shehzad p <pmhshz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have opened JIRA for the same.
> http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FSCORE-285
>
> One system is Fedora, and another one is Ubuntu. Although fs 1.0.1 was also
> get crashed in Ubuntu many times.
> Now 1.0.3.RC1 is loaded on Ubuntu, so this happen again with my Ubuntu I
> will surely post it.
>
> And I am now going to test latest trunk version and post back if any thing
> found...
>
> thanks,
> msp
>
> paul.degt wrote:
> >
> > Look like you use Fedora. I had a lot of issues with using Fedora as
> > production or load test system, in my opinion it's more like work in
> > progress than a production ready stable linux. If you cannot buy RHEL or
> > SLES use Centos.
> >
> > shehzad p wrote:
> >> Hi Brian,
> >>
> >> As it can be seen from the system information, there require any change
> >> in
> >> system or any suggestion...
> >>
> >> out put of uname -a is :
> >> Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.23.1-42.fc8 #1 SMP Tue Oct 30 13:55:12
> >> EDT
> >> 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
> >>

> >> Thanks,
> >> msp