[Freeswitch-users] OPenser <-> FS Do I need this?

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Tue Feb 3 10:16:08 PST 2009

FreeSwitch is very capable of handling high call setup loads... The question
is what do you consider high setup loads?

Where it is true, OpenSER/SIP/whatever its called this week can handle a
much higher packet per second load then freeswitch, freeswitch on the other
hand is capable of handling much more call volume then asterisk... Certain
people hate when I quote numbers but I have personally deployed FreeSwitch
on projects that handle (per FS Box) > 500 calls/sec (that's 2 leg calls)
and in excess of concurrent calls... The real question is not can FS hang,
but what at what level do you call 'high volume'... What I call high volume
is a telemarketer running at 2500 calls/sec and peak concurrent channel
usage in the 10,000 to 15,000 channel range