[Freeswitch-users] Generating calls from external source

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 01:46:00 PST 2009

Hi Nik,

Here's a snipped in Perl that launches an outbound call:

			if (my $sock = IO::Socket::INET->new(Proto =>'tcp', PeerAddr =>
'127.0.0.1', PeerPort => 8021)) {
				print $sock "auth XXX\n\n";
				print $sock "api originate {softivr_id=$siid,src_softivr_id=$siid,softivr_outdial=true}sofia/frombt/$ntd at 1.2.3.4
  $service\n\n";
				$sock->close();
			}

- it does no error checking or anything, but (line by line) it:
  - opens a socket to the event socket interface
  - authenticates
  - issues an originate which dials out to the number in $ntd.  The
bits in {} set a bunch of variables on the channel, which are used by
the software which processes the call later on.  The call is linked to
the extension in $service - FS looks this up in the dialplan - which
handles our end.
  - closes the socket

Cheers --

Dave