[Freeswitch-users] forcing ptime settings

Matthew Fong mattdfong at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 07:48:02 PST 2009

I use the SIP Termination service from ezcall inc (grnvoip.com) and I'm
having some trouble playing .wav files into the media stream using
FreeSWITCH.

The audio either comes out really slow, or really fast. So a 60 second .wav
file is either finished playing in 90 seconds (really slow) or finishes
playing in 20 seconds (really fast). I believe this is caused by different
ptime values that are being setup in the session. In the FreeSWITCH console
I often received this error

 [WARNING] mod_sofia.c:808 We were told to use ptime 30 but what they meant
to say was 20

I tried forcing the codec and ptime using absolute_codec_string='PCMU at 30i'  and
it seemed to fix the really slow playback problem.

but now I'm getting a

 [WARNING] mod_sofia.c:808 We were told to use ptime 30 but what they meant
to say was 10

error and in some sessions the audio is playing back too fast (at 3x the
speed).

Is there a way I can force ptime to be 30 and avoid FreeSWITCH "fixing" the
ptime values? Are there any other work arounds?

--matt