[Freeswitch-users] tigerjet 560C USB-to-rj11: incorperate usbhid/usbsnd device into freeswitch

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Wed Dec 23 06:29:38 PST 2009

Of course there is a way.  Depending on the interface your looking at
either a freeswitch endpoiny module or an openzap module.
Mike

On Dec 23, 2009, at 4:54 AM, Kristoff Bonne <kristoff.bonne at skypro.be>
wrote:

> Hi Rupa,
>

> None. That's exactly the point.
> Everything has to be done over the usb "HID" interface.
>

> I've been reading about HID yesterday. HID is a usb interface that
> can be used for a large number of things, ranging from keyboard and
> game-controllers up to "water-cooling and PC-chassis" and point-of-
> sale or coin changer devices.
>

> It also has a telephony-interface:
> see page 69 to 72 of this document: http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/HID1_11.pdf
>
> This include call-control, on-hook/off-hook detection, DTMF-related
> things, etc.
>

> Now, the question is this:
> Is there a way to "plug" this all into freeswitch?
>

> Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
>

> Rupa Schomaker schreef:
>>
>> Interesting.  It would have to do more than just dialtone/dtmf
>> though.
>>  Need call control, caller id, etc.  What do they ship with it as far
>> as drivers go?
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Kristoff Bonne
>> <kristoff.bonne at skypro.be> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>

>>> This weekend, I got the chance to buy a "profoon IP-150 RJ11-to-USB"
>>> device for just 15 euro. This is a device which has on one side a
>>> USB-connector and on the other side 2 RJ-11 connectors (one FXO
>>> and one
>>> FSX). Internally, the device seams to contain a tigerjet 560C
>>> chipset.
>>> (see here: http://www.tjnet.com/chips/tiger560C.htm)
>>>

>>> What is interesting on this device is that is uses standard USB
>>> device-classes that are by default supported by most operating-
>>> systems:
>>> usb-sound and usb-hid.
>>>

>>> When I connect it to my server (mac mini 3G running debian), the
>>> system
>>> automatically recognises these two classes
>>>
>>> [168391.922479] usbcore: registered new interface driver hiddev
>>> [168391.935068] hiddev0hidraw0: USB HID v1.00 Device [HID
>>> 06e6:c31c] on
>>> usb-0001:10:1b.1-1
>>> [168391.939548] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
>>> [168391.943984] usbhid: v2.6:USB HID core driver
>>> [168392.154596] usbcore: registered new interface driver snd-usb-
>>> audio
>>>

>>> And -behold- when I connect a handset in one of the port, I even
>>> get a
>>> dialtone and I can sent out DTMF-dialtone which are somehow partly
>>> (But I have no idea what program actually generates this
>>> dialtone !!!)
>>>

>>> Now, the question:
>>> Any idea if / how this can incorperated into freeswitch? Is there
>>> a way
>>> to use this device to connect a phone to freeswitch without having
>>> to go
>>> throu a SIP-client first.
>>>

>>> Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
>>>
>>> --