[Freeswitch-users] RTP/RTCP media whilst recording

TTNC - Technical technical at ttnc.co.uk
Wed Dec 23 06:26:40 PST 2009

Hi There

Our Freeswitch cluster receives inbound calls via a SIP trunk from our supplier. I currently have an issue where when a call is sent to voicemail using session:execute("record"), our supplier will terminate the call with a BYE approximately 30 seconds into the recording.

They believe the reason for this is our Freeswitch servers are failing to send any RTP/RTCP media while in the recording stage, and therefor they think the call is dead.

Is there a way to force Freeswitch to send RTP packets while in the recording stage that I'm missing?

Oh, I'm running pretty much the latest svn truck.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Russ