[Freeswitch-users] Choosing a Codec.

Vinuth Madinur vinuth.madinur at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 23:08:53 PST 2009

My setup is as follows:

FreeSWITCH -> SIP Trunk -> PSTN.

>From freeswitch, I'm making outbound calls using event socket via the
"external" profile. Except for the ext_rtp_ip and ext_sip_ip, everything is
default settings. Using "playback" application, I'm playing a mu-law audio.
I'm also starting the "vmd" application, so that I can replay the message on
beep.

Thanks for your suggestion on native format. I'll try it.

Thanks,
Vinuth.