[Freeswitch-users] mod_conference voice problems when two parties speaking

Marc Orenberg marc at kasteris.com
Tue Dec 22 21:14:16 PST 2009

Hello.  I've written an application using mod_conference which often has two parties speaking at once and one party listening.
When only one party is speaking, the sound quality is fine, but when a second party starts speaking while the first party is still speaking, the second party's
voice is cut-off at the beginning, and both parties voices seem to get choppy, like maybe all of the packets aren't getting delivered properly.

I'm experiencing this with the latest trunk version (16012).
I have the "member-flags" variable set to "waste", and "comfort-noise" is set to "true".

I'm not sure where the problem is coming from; I think if it was a VOIP issue I'd hear the same problem when only one party is speaking.
Is there something in mod_conference which would try to filter out other voices when one voice is speaking?

I'd really appreciate any suggestions about where to look to find this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Marc