[Freeswitch-users] Presence across several networked FSs

Jon Bruel jbr at consiglia.dk
Fri Dec 18 07:23:27 PST 2009

I have found some ways to get presence, or rather BLF functions to work on Snom telephones in a distributed network with several FSs. I'll post a solution on the wiki when I have tested it further.

Anyhow, I'm using the mod_event_multicast module with the following configuration:

<configuration name="event_multicast.conf" description="Multicast Event">
  <settings>
    <param name="address" value="225.1.1.1"/>
    <param name="port" value="4242"/>
    <param name="bindings" value="PRESENCE_IN CUSTOM sofia::register CUSTOM multicast::event"/>
  </settings>
</configuration>

With this setting on all FSs, the registration table is also automatically updated thus listing all sets registered across all FSs. In the table sip_registrations (under the database for the profile used), the field status has the value: "Registered" if the UA is registered on another FS and the value "Registered(UDP)" if the UA is registered on the same FS. The field server_host, however, is the ip-address of "local" FS.

Now comes the question: is there any way to let the field server_host show the server address of the server actually registered to? Or any other way using the existing modules to get the information about which FS the UAs are registered to? The information is going to be used for the routing decisions between networked FSs.

/Jon