[Freeswitch-users] sip message logging and analysis

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 16:27:16 PST 2009

Frank,

  Probably the cleanest (albeit non-FreeSWITCH) way to implement this
would be to use OpenSIPS/SER/etc between you and the carrier with the
siptrace module.

  But that's probably more work than you want.  There's always tcpdump
with a decent filter (udp port 5060 and host x.x.x.x) and then
something like http://www.badpenguin.co.uk/files/pcap-util2

  Both will allow you to search for BYEs and who is sending them.

  Also keep in mind that they (or you) may just be dropping the RTP
without ever sending a BYE.  Setting the various RTP timeouts in
FreeSWITCH can help with that.  You can then look for logs/events (are
there any for RTP timeout?) to see who's dropping RTP.